Agile Project Manager
We’re looking for an experienced project manager to serve on multidisciplinary project teams with career civil servants, actively demonstrating the value of iterative development and user-centered design.
Our teams are working to improve a wide range of city services, including researching and redesigning our permitting processes, prototyping ways to change behaviors around recycling and composting, building the next generation of ATXFloods, improving services for people experiencing homelessness, and creating city-wide standards for service design, web development, and user research.
You’ll also serve as an expert and educator in your discipline, establishing new practices that can work across departments and providing guidance and training for other fellows and city staff.
$75,000-$86,000, commensurate with experience
What you’ll do:
- Lead design and development teams in agile processes to deliver world-class work
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly
- Establish processes for managing feedback and requirements from team members, stakeholders, and residents
- Collaborate with stakeholders, vendors, and other city staff to develop new processes for agile procurement
- Establish processes for managing resource allocations for Design, Technology, and Innovation Fellows across multiple projects and initiatives
- Assist in developing and managing processes for recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding additional Design, Technology, and Innovation Fellows
What we’re looking for
- Three years of professional experience managing projects for large-scale digital experiences, interfaces, or applications
- Experience optimizing agile delivery processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and retaining top talent
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
- A passion for public service and a commitment to doing the hard work that’s necessary to improve our city services
- Two years of relevant work experience
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a related field. An additional 4 years of experience can substitute this education requirement.